DIY Denim Bangles
Pre-teens grow FAST. One day you're buying her a new denim jacket for spring, by fall the sleeves are too short. What's a crafty mom to do? Make bangles, of course! ;)
A paint brush (to apply the Mod Podge)
A pr of scissors
Cowrie shells/Gold Studs (optional)
Hot glue gun
1. I easily snipped the sleeves off of her practically new jean jacket and cut it into long strips.
For clean edges, use scissors. For more frayed edges, snip to start the tear then rip the strip with your hands.
2. Dip your brush into the Mod Podge and cover the wooden bangle.
3. On the underside of the denim strip, brush on a coat Mod Podge.
4. Wrap the strip of damp denim around the bangle, pulling tautly towards the right so that it overlaps itself slightly.
5. Add another strip if the first doesn't cover the enter bangle.
6. Adorn with studs or shells using a hot glue gun.
Not only does my pre-teen now have a few new pieces of jewelry in her collection, but she now has a chic denim vest (sleeveless jacket), that still fits (for now!). Win. Win!
Love these but not interested in getting your hands dirty? Buy them readymade in my Etsy shop.