Holiday Gift Guide for Her
2019 has truly been the year of Women Supporting Women. How thrilled would the women of your life be if they knew that you consciously sought out women-made products that were sold at women-owned businesses to gift to them this holiday season? You'd earn MAJOR cool points, my friend! But don't worry, I've done the heavy lifting for you but you can take the credit. ;)
1. Brooklyn-based Sarah Djarnie Brown @shopvoltabk is the owner and designer behind Shop Volta. While visiting family in Ghana, Sarah became inspired by local artisans, dressmakers and women-owned boutiques that specialize in handmade and high end pieces. When she returned home Volta, a line of handcrafted dolls, enamels and artwork, was born. Volta Girl 1988. $15. https://www.shopvolta.com
2. Jypsea Leathergoods is a line of handcrafted leather handbags, home goods and accessories made from upcycled leather by NJ-based designer Terina Nicole Hill @theterinanicole. The Tambourine Bag is from her latest collection of Mudcloth & Leather accessories. https://www.terinanicole.com/product-page/copy-of-tambourine-bag-in-goldenrod
3. House of BAV @houseofbav is a brick & mortar boutique in East Orange, NJ owned by Bergen County, NJ native, designer Bridgett Artise. The shop carries only vintage and sustainable, eco-conscious fashion brands such as these 100% organic cashmere scarves. $55 (will receive a 20% off coupon for a future purchase). 359 Main Street, East Orange, NJ 07018.
4. Brooklynite Gwen Beloti has recently added jewelry to complement her chic, fashion-forward line of women clothing @gwenbeloti.
Mi Amour Gold Necklace. $68, Available at
5. Lip Gloss Set by Retrochic Beauty, a line of cosmetics created by professional model/makeup artist Pietra Dunmore based in NJ @retrochic_beauty. Super lustrous glittering gloss leaves lips lush, full and sparkling like precious gems.
Holiday special, Set of 4. $32 if ordered by December 11th. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.